11 Reasons for Chapter 13
- Catch up on back mortgage payments at 0% interest.
- Catch up on car loan payments and repay vehicles loans at low interest rates.
- “Cram down” the loan on a vehicle or other property purchased more than two and 1/2 years ago to its fair market value.
- Recover recently repossessed vehicles and repay the loan at low interest rates over time.
- Strip off your underwater 2nd or 3rd mortgages.
- Discharge property settlement obligations from a divorce decree.
- Repay recent tax debts and back child support over time.
- Protect non-exempt property at risk in a Chapter 7.
- Repay private student loans on your own terms.
- Protect co-debtors on loans being repaid in full through the Chapter 13 from further debt collection.
- Retain the ability to pursue prepetition claims against creditors for unfair debt collection or consumer fraud.
Contact us if you want to discuss these aspects of Chapter 13 more.